If you’re new to cooking, the kitchen can be a confusing place. There are so many gadgets and gizmos, it’s hard to know where to start. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of 8 essential kitchen tools that every cook should have. These tools will make your life in the kitchen easier, whether you’re cooking a simple meal or something more complicated. So without further ado, let’s get started!
1. A good knife. A sharp knife is an essential tool for any cook. It will make prep work much easier and quicker. When choosing a knife, look for one that is well-balanced and feels comfortable in your hand. Avoid serrated knives, as they are difficult to sharpen and can tear food instead of slicing it cleanly.
2. A cutting board. A cutting board is another essential prep tool. It provides a stable surface for cutting and chopping ingredients. When choosing a cutting board, look for one that is made of hardwood or bamboo. Avoid cutting boards made of softwood, as they will dull your knives more quickly.
3. Meat grinder. If you are a fan of ground meat, then a meat grinder is a kitchen tool you must have. It will allow you to grind your own meat at home, which is fresher and tastier than store-bought ground meat. Here you can find the best electric meat grinders.
4. An oven thermometer. An oven thermometer is essential for baking precise cakes, cookies, and other desserts. When choosing an oven thermometer, look for one that is made of stainless steel or glass. Avoid plastic oven thermometers, as they are less accurate and more likely to break.
5. A set of pots and pans. A set of pots and pans is essential for cooking just about anything on the stovetop or in the oven. When choosing a set, look for one that is made of stainless steel or aluminum. Avoid sets made of nonstick material, as they can release harmful toxins into the food when heated at high temperatures.
6. Wooden utensils. Wooden utensils are essential for cooking without scratching pots and pans. When choosing wooden utensils, look for those made of hardwoods such as maple or cherry. Avoid those made of softwoods such as pine, as they are more likely to splinter.
7. A colander. A colander is essential for draining pasta, vegetables, and other foods. When choosing a colander, look for one that is made of stainless steel or plastic. Avoid colanders made of aluminum, as they can react with acidic foods.
8. Tongs. Tongs are essential for flipping burgers, chicken, and vegetables on the grill or stovetop. When choosing tongs, look for those made of stainless steel or silicone. Avoid tongs made of plastic, as they can melt if they come into contact with a hot surface.
These are just a few essentials that every cook should have in their kitchen arsenal! With these tools, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a master chef in no time!