Mixed martial arts is a form of full-contact combat sport that allows both striking and grappling techniques to be used. The goal of the sport is basically to beat your opponent by either knockout, submission (e.g., joint lock), or judge’s decision. Mixed martial arts could be considered as the most intense and demanding sports in the world because you have to train on all aspects of fighting skills for it – boxing, wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, muay Thai kickboxing, etc.
Therefore I would like to introduce you to some reasons why women should get into mixed martial arts:
1) It’s empowering – being an MMA fighter gives you a sense of independence because not only do they teach you how to keep yourself safe but also how to fight back.
2) Mixed Martial Arts are challenging – rather than learning a set of punches and kicks, MMA fighters have to learn every different aspect of fighting. It’s not about knowing which technique will work on an opponent, but it’s more about understanding all the techniques in order to predict what your opponent is planning next. Thus it makes you really think outside the box!
3) Women can push themselves beyond their limits – there are no rules in mixed martial arts; you can pretty much do whatever possible as long as it doesn’t break the law (e.g., eye-gouging). Therefore women can push themselves not only physically but also mentally to achieve their potentials and become stronger and better people overall.
4) You can meet new people – through mixed martial arts, you can meet a lot of people who are interested in the same thing as you- boxing, wrestling, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, etc.
5) Mixed Martial Arts are good for your health – MMA is not only about kicking butt, but it’s also about having fun with workout sessions which help to improve your mental and physical well-being. Having said that, women should try taking up mixed martial arts classes now if they can! It’s definitely worth trying!
In conclusion, the benefits of mixed martial arts are numerous. Women can find empowerment in this sport as well as challenge themselves mentally and physically to achieve their potentials. They will also have a chance to meet new people with similar interests through training sessions or by joining an MMA club near them! If you’re considering trying out these classes for yourself but aren’t sure where to start, reach out now so we can help guide your decision-making process. We want all women who fight back- not just those inside the cage-to succeed!